TO ALL FROGLOGGER BLOG WATCHERS ...

*** Thanks to everyone who came with us on our journey. We have no idea how many people ended up following the blog, but we loved putting it together, and friends have told us that they have forwarded the link to their friends, and so on. Our "Contact Us" button is below if you'd like to stay in touch, and thanks again for all the wonderful comments you've made. *** Di & Linz

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Atlanta Travel Mishap ** Update **

After our first booked flight from NY to Atlanta leaving without us we had to wait another hour and a half till the next flight departed.  We were first in the queue!  I ‘phoned James in Atlanta and told him we’d be late and that our bags had already gone and I was really worried about them and I described them.  The Continental plane to Atlanta was tiny and I was beside myself when we hit turbulence.  To my delight, we arrived safely and James was there to meet us.  We were about to head off to Baggage Claim to see if we could locate our bags, but James smiled and said “I already have your bags in my trunk” !!!!!!!!!  I was unbelievably thankful and mortified at the same time.  James had still gone to the airport at the arrival time of the first flight, identified and removed our bags from the carousel.  I’m so, so pleased for that, but at the same time it’s scary that just anyone can walk into baggage claim and take whatever they like.  Linz’s suitcase has been badly damaged, and the shuttle driver to NY airport ripped my new suitcase, but hey, at least we have our stuff.  James had found us an amazing motel to stay in so we dumped our gear and went out for a very pleasant meal and then to a bar for a well needed few drinks to relieve the stress of our day.

5 comments:

  1. Glad it all ended well. You two must be exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Di and Linz, just spent the last hour catching up, wow, better than the amazing race!
    Safe travels and what a memorable journey you are having. Big hugs MELVA & DENIS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lynn, that experience was certainly a bit of a concern. We were exhausted when we hit New York, but our stay in Atlanta has revived us. Looking forward to getting home now though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melva, thanks for coming along for the ride with us and I'll talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope NZ has recovered from the drenching it turned on for our visit. 11/14 days rain thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete